2018 saw Suicide Call Back Service launch the ReMinder Suicide Safety Plan app for both Android and Apple devices. This free app allows users to create a digital suicide safety plan, accessible anytime, anywhere.
Listening to user feedback, we have now updated the ReMinder Suicide Safety Plan app with a host of new features.
What is a suicide safety plan?
A suicide safety plan can help to keep you safe when you are feeling low or struggling with suicidal thoughts. It is important to have a plan in place, when you feel alone or like there is no way out. Having a safety plan ready can help you take care of yourself when things get tough.
When feeling low, it often feels as though there is nothing you can do to make yourself feel better. This can be overwhelming, making it difficult to think straight and ignore suicidal thoughts.
By creating a suicide safety plan, you have a pre-planned strategy in place for when you feel low that you can use to keep yourself safe. It will help you feel in control when everything feels out of control.
What does the ReMinder Suicide Safety Plan do?
The ReMinder Suicide Safety Plan provides users with a step-by-step guide to creating a suicide safety plan that can be edited and shared with their team of supporters at any time. ReMinder was designed to be a self-managed resource for users to adopt as part of their coping strategy. It reminds users of reasons to live and connects them with the people and services that can help during tough times.
ReMinder app features
- Access helplines and emergency service numbers
- Create your own ‘team’ of personal contacts that can support you
- Store your favourite images
- Change the ReMinder theme for a calming influence
- Complete a K10 questionnaire to determine what extent you have experienced depression or anxiety over the past month
- Follow the latest tweets from the Suicide Call Back Service for further information and advice on suicide safety.
ReMinder app new features
- Updated user interface
- New homepage background themes featuring improved animation and option to mute sounds
- Store and view your favourite images with the updated gallery interface
- Create customised background themes from phone camera or photo library
- Once you have created your team of personal contacts you can now:
- Share your suicide safety plan with them directly
- Share your current location
- A brand new Resources section which includes:
- Useful links to Suicide Call Back Service content
- A breathing exercise video
- A relaxation exercise video
- A place to add and your own suicide safety links
- A Notes section to save any suicide safety comments.
How to download the ReMinder Suicide Safety Plan app
ReMinder Suicide Safety Plan is available now from both Android and Apple App stores.
Please note that the information on the ReMinder Suicide Safety Plan app is not accessible or viewable by our counsellors, nor can they offer any technical advice. ReMinder Suicide Safety Plan does not link to any existing client management plans. Suicide Call Back Service counsellors do not have access to view any information added to ReMinder Suicide Safety Plan app.
In an emergency
If you are in immediate danger, or concerned for your safety in any way:
- Call 000 and request an ambulance. Stay on the line, speak clearly, and be ready to answer the operator’s questions
- Visit your local hospital’s emergency department.
If it is an emergency, dial 000.