If you need to talk to someone
Suicide Call Back Service is a national 24/7 telehealth provider that offers free professional phone and online counselling for people living in Australia.
You do not require a medical referral to initiate contact. This means you can access free professional counselling anywhere, at a time that is convenient to you.
Phone and online counselling is seen by many to be a helpful alternative to traditional face-to-face counselling because of its less confronting approach. Our professionally trained counsellors have specialist skills in working with suicide-related issues and they can help you to work through the pain and distress you may be feeling. The counsellor will help you with goal planning, ensuring your own safety, and help to link you to other services in the community.
All staff managing our telephone or online counselling services are qualified professional counsellors, social workers or psychologists, trained to follow a contextual counselling and problem solving process to listen, understand you, and help you find ways to feel better. While you should always call 000 if it’s an emergency, we can help anyone who is affected by suicide, which includes:
- Anyone who is feeling suicidal
- Anyone who is worried about someone
- Anyone who is caring for someone who is feeling suicidal
- Anyone who has lost someone to suicide
- Health professionals supporting people who are affected by suicide.
Talk now via Telephone counselling
Call and talk with a professional counsellor now on 1300 659 467 anywhere, anytime.
Access Suicide Call Back Service online counselling and chat with a counsellor anywhere, anytime.
- Register your details
- Passwords should be at least twelve characters long, with upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols like ! ” ? $ % ^ & ) to ensure it is strong and secure.
- Verify your email address by clicking the link in the validation email that will get sent to the email address provided
- Log into My Suicide Call Back Service
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the service
- Select either online chat or video chat to speak with a professional counsellor.
Please note this service is only available to people living in Australia aged 15 years and older. Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance to people outside Australia and we recommend you contact your nearest support service.